Aimee E. Dreiss
Ms. Dreiss counsels clients regarding qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans and executive compensation plans. She assists clients with voluntary IRS and DOL qualified plan correction programs, and applications for tax-qualification status. Ms. Dreiss advises employers on federal and state income tax and employment tax matters, and advises employers on Health Care Reform compliance and transition planning issues. She has experience representing clients on employee benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions, and counseling plan fiduciaries regarding ERISA fiduciary liability and benefit claim issues.
Education and Honors
J.D., cum laude, Tax Certificate, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2008
B.S., Political Science and Zoology/Biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
- CALI Awards for highest grade in Torts (Fall 2005)
- CALI Awards for highest grade in Legal Writing (Fall 2005)
- Thomas F. and Patricia A. Bridgman Scholar (2007–08)
- Edna D. Bowens Fellow (2007–08)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network (WEB)
- Legal Prep Charter Academies, Associate Board President
- Ms. JD's Third Annual Conference on Women in the Law: Avenues to Advancement - "The Indispensable Junior Associate" - Chicago - November 21, 2009
In The News
- April 9, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Money and Trinkets Provided for Wellness"
- January 29, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "No Harm, No Foul, No More—New HIPAA “Breach” Standards Seek to Provide Consistency, Objectivity"
- August 2012 - The Federal Lawyer - "Key Employee Benefits Issues Affecting Severance Arrangements"
- September 29, 2011 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Employers Get Misclassification Tax Relief "