Mr. Nemiroff litigates a wide variety of cases before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including employment discrimination, workplace technology law, wrongful discharge, wage and hour law, and other matters. He has extensive experience in cases involving non-compete issues, trade secrets, tortious interference, and related claims. Mr. Nemiroff has lectured on various employment topics on behalf of organizations, such as the Association of Corporate Counsel, the American Conference Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Philadelphia and Suburban Healthcare Human Resources Association, the Institute of Internal Auditors, Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM, Lorman Education Services, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Camden County Bar Association, and the Montgomery County Bar Association. He has also written several published articles related to employment issues.
Mr. Nemiroff was named as a Pennsylvania Rising Star in 2012 and 2013. The Rising Star distinction is awarded to attorneys under the age of 40 based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Lead counsel in numerous federal and state court employment discrimination cases, including successful representation through trial and appeals
- Routinely defends companies against employment-related charges and claims before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Represents companies regarding employee issues, litigation avoidance, and implementing policies that are in conformance with various federal, state, and local employment laws
- Provides counseling on the creation of social medial policies and training management personnel who utilize social media platforms
Restrictive Covenants, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Trade Secrets, and Related Claims:
- Lead counsel in non-competition matters including obtaining temporary and preliminary injunctive relief and damages
- Lead counsel in breach of duty of loyalty, breach of contract, defamation, and trade secrets act cases
Mr. Nemiroff has extensive experience in representing companies in complex commercial matters. He was also lead counsel in an action brought against the longest running Ponzi scheme in American history.
Education and Honors
J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1998
B.A., magna cum laude, Brandeis University, 1995
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2012 & 2013)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM
- Former Chairman, South Jersey Advisory Board of Biz Buzz, an online membership community
- Served on the Board of the Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
- Former Co-Chair, Montgomery County Bar Association, Employment Law Section
- Ogletree Deakins Philadelphia/Pittsburgh Offices' Employment Law Seminar - "Disgruntled, Computer Literate, and Focused on You: Defusing Social Media Issues" - Hershey - 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 11th Annual Nonprofit Institute - "Hiring, Firing and Evaluations" - Philadelphia - 2013
- American Conference Institute - "Mitigating the Risks and Unintended Consequences of Employee Social Media Use While Remaining NLRA Compliant" - New York - 2013
- Association of Corporate Counsel - "The FMLA Turns 20! How Has the Act Aged?" - Conshohocken - 2013
- Tri-State HRMA 27th Annual Conference - "Checking In On Background Checks" - Mt. Laurel - 2013
- Institute of Internal Auditors Spring Conference - "Protecting Your Trade Secrets in the Digital Age" - Philadelphia - 2013
- American Conference Institute - "Training Your Employees on Social Media Use in Order to Mitigate Risks and Unintended Consequences" - New York - 2012
- Ambrose Connects Second Annual Conference - "Protecting Your Critical Customer Relationships and Trade Secrets" - New York - 2012
- Institute of Internal Auditors - "Legal Issues in Auditing Social Media" - Philadelphia - 2012
- NJ Association of Women Business Owners - "My Customers/My Rules: Non-Compete Agreements and Employee Handbooks" - Mt. Laurel - 2012
- Association of Corporate Counsel - "Facebook Fastballs – Hard Hitting Ethical & Legal Issues in Social Media" - Philadelphia - 2011
- Philadelphia and Suburban Healthcare Human Resources Association - "Social Media in the Workplace and Beyond" - Philadelphia - 2011
- Pro Bono Partnership - "Human Resources Boot Camp for New Jersey Nonprofits" - Princeton - 2011
- Voorhees Business Association - "Social Networking: A Human Resource Nightmare?" - Voorhees - 2010
- New Jersey Chamber of Commerce - "Overtime From Anywhere" - Monroe Township - 2010
In The News
- June 2, 2014 - - "Tips to Prevent Employee Internet Abuse"
- December 31, 2012 - - "Pennsylvania's Human Relations Act Only for Pa. Residents, Judge Rules"
- July 12, 2012 - - "Ask the Legal Expert"
- April 24, 2012 - - "N.J. Bill Bans Asking Applicants About Facebook"
- May 6, 2011 - - "Almost All of Paralegal's Accusations Against Amorous Attorneys Axed"
- September 26, 2010 - - "Twitter Virus Attack Highlights Key Risk of Social Media"
- May 25, 2010 - - "Experts Address Social Media in Business World at Gathering"
- September 10, 2009 - - "Brooklyn's Madoff, Ponzi-Schemer Philip Barry Getting Public Assistance"
- May 8, 2014 - SHRM.org - "Ignoring Reinstatement Requests Not Retaliation"
- January 2, 2014 - Xpert HR - "Pennsylvania Employer Alert: Ogletree Deakins Examines Latest Legal Trends"
- August 9, 2013 - The Legal Intelligencer - "Proposed 'Facebook Laws' May Hinder Workplace Investigations"
- May 30, 2013 - The Legal Intelligencer - "Employers Must Consider Philadelphia's Employment Ordinances"
- February 13, 2013 - The Legal Intelligencer - "Be Wary of FCRA When Using Social Media Data Collection Companies"
- July 16, 2012 - Staffing Today - "Recruiter Misuse of Social Media Can Lead to Liability"
- November 17, 2011 - HRM Update - "Unauthorized Employee Recommendations, References on Social Media May Put Employers at Risk"