Ashlee M. Bekish
Ashlee Bekish represents employers in a variety of industries and service areas, and she focuses her practice on litigation and counseling involving federal, state, and local employment laws. Ashlee is experienced in matters arising under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Minnesota Human Rights Act, and other federal and state laws. Her experience includes representing employers in individual actions as well as class and collective actions.
Ashlee has been a member of trial teams in federal court and has represented clients in mediations and arbitrations. She regularly represents clients in responding to administrative charges before state and federal agencies. In addition to her litigation practice, Ashlee advises employers regarding employment policies and personnel issues, drafts employment policies, and conducts internal audits and investigations.
Ashlee received her B.A., summa cum laude, in Psychology from St. Cloud State University and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Hamline University School of Law. While in law school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Hamline Law Review. Ashlee also served as a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing, a research assistant, and a leader in the school’s structured study group program.
- Member of federal trial team that obtained defense verdict for large, national employer following jury trial in religious discrimination case.
- Obtained dismissals of numerous administrative charges of discrimination brought against local and national companies in various states, including Minnesota and Texas.
- Defended employers in class action and collective action lawsuits arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Responded to NLRB unfair labor practice charges and obtained dismissals or withdrawals of charges.
- Investigated and prepared reports to public company audit committees regarding whistleblower complaints under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Reviewed and analyzed FLSA exempt-status classifications and assisted in responding to Department of Labor investigations.
Education and Honors
J.D., magna cum laude, Hamline University School of Law, 2009
B.A., summa cum laude, St. Cloud State University, 2006
- Editor-in-Chief, Hamline Law Review (2008-2009)
- Best First Year Appellate Brief
- Dean's List
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association