Beth A. Moeller
Beth represents employers in all aspects of employment and civil rights litigation, with a focus on wage and hour litigation, and has defended employers in a number of complex collective and class actions. Beth advises clients on a variety of compliance issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act and other applicable laws and regulations. She handles comprehensive audits of employers’ job classifications and compensation practices. Beth also defends employers in litigation and counsels them on all aspects of employment law, including Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, ERISA litigation, the FMLA, and civil rights violations, as well as defending employers against state law causes of action such as wrongful discharge, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and negligent hiring and supervision. Beth has experience litigating single plaintiff, class, and collective action cases. In addition, Beth provides advice to employers concerning litigation avoidance, employee handbooks and personnel policies, leaves of absence, employee discipline, hiring and termination issues, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, trade secrets, reductions in force, and other personnel matters.
During law school, Beth was the Assistant Managing Editor of the Oklahoma Law Review and served as a member of the ABA Moot Court Team.
While Beth has represented employers in all aspects of employment litigation, she has developed a focus on class actions and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Among others, Beth has:
- Defended nationwide retailer in concurrent nationwide collective actions and statewide class actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and related state wage-and-hour statutes
- Defended an upscale national discount retailer in collective actions
- Defended a nationwide pharmacy chain in defending action under Title VII and Section 1981
- Assisted an online service provider with a comprehensive audit of job classifications and compensation practices
Education and Honors
J.D., with honors, University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2002
B.A., magna cum laude, Oklahoma State University, 1999
- Assistant Managing Editor, Oklahoma Law Review
- ABA Moot Court Team
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star (2009-present)
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Labor & Employment Sections)
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Bleckley Inn of Court
In The News
- April 15, 2011 - - "Huffington Post Blogger Suit Lacks Merit, Attorneys Say"