Christopher R. Coxson
Mr. Coxson represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. He focuses his practice on traditional labor matters, representing management in unfair labor practice cases and representation proceedings, arbitrations, and union organizing campaigns.
Prior to joining Ogletree Deakins, Mr. Coxson was a field attorney for seven years with the National Labor Relations Board, Region 5 in Baltimore, Maryland, where, among other things, he investigated and successfully litigated numerous unfair labor practice cases, and served as a hearing officer in complex representation cases.
Education and Honors
J.D., Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, 2000
B.A., Franklin & Marshall College, 1994
- Senior Editor, Dickinson Journal of International Law (1999-2000)
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Co-Editor, NLRB Insight by U.S. Chamber of Commerce
In The News
- October 15, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Arbitrator’s Decision Finding Just Cause for Discharge Dooms Subsequent Statutory Claims, District of New Jersey Holds"
- October 15, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "“Old Man” Comments by a Supervisor Were Sufficient to Cause Hostile Work Environment and Individual Liability, New Jersey Appellate Division Holds"
- August 2012 - 34 New Jersey Labor and Employment Law Quarterly 1 - "NLRB Employee Rights Notice: Permissible Rulemaking Or Agency Overreach? Has The Board Disturbed The Congressional Sound Of Silence?"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Bill Would Dramatically Expand Employers’ Notice Obligations"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Bills Seek to Prohibit Employers from Requiring or Obtaining Credit Checks from Applicants or Employees"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Senate Bill Would Bar Employers from Seeking Social Media Information from Applicants and Employees"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Bills Seek to Reduce or Eliminate Unemployment Benefits Upon Receipt of Severance Benefits"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Assembly Passes Bill to Increase Minimum Wage to $8.50"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Another School and Medical Leave Bill Is Introduced By New Jersey Legislature"
- June 8, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Senate Introduces “Lilly Ledbetter” Bill"
- June 2011 - 32 New Jersey Labor And Employment Law Quarterly 4 - "Opinion In Victor v. State Of New Jersey Suggests An Adverse Employment Consequence May Not Be A Necessary Element For A Failure To Accommodate Claim in NJ"
- September 2009 - U.S. Chamber of Commerce - "The National Labor Relations Board in the Obama Administration: What Changes to Expect"
- Spring 1999 - 17 Dickinson Journal of International Law 3 - "The 1998 ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work"