Danielle A. Hinton
Danielle represents private and public employers throughout all phases of litigation. She has handled discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination matters. Danielle also has experience assisting with wage and hour class action cases, including class settlements and opposing class certification. She has provided employment counseling and advice to firm clients. In addition, she has also assisted business owners navigate the facility access requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Assisted with obtaining summary judgment on action alleging whistleblower retaliation for university.
- Provided employment law advice to educational start-up.
- Assisted with negotiations with Cal/OSHA regarding jurisdiction.
- Assisted educational facility with Cal/OSHA compliance measures.
- Assisted with litigation of several wage and hour class actions alleged against a transportation company.
- Negotiated settlements of barriers-to-access cases under the Americans with Disabilities Act for several small and mid-sized businesses.
- Obtained favorable ruling from the Labor Commissioner regarding bonus payments for a pharmaceutical sales company.
Education and Honors
J.D., University of California-Berkeley School of Law, 2010
B.A., Economics and Legal Studies, University of California-Berkeley, 2007
- Editor-in-Chief, Berkeley Journal of African-American Law & Policy
- Senior Development Editor, California Law Review
- Mock Trial Team Member and Co-Placement Night Chair, Law Students of African Descent
- Community Outreach Chair 2008-2009, Juvenile Hall Outreach Instructor 2007-2008, Advocates for Youth Justice
- Bluebook Committee Editor 2007-2008, Berkeley Technology Law Journal
- Tutor & Mentor, Youth Support Program at Willard Middle School
- University of California Rally Committee
- National Bar Association
- Charles Houston Bar Association