Eric D. Penkert
Mr. Penkert graduated from the University of Florida in 2007. He received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2010. In 2011, Mr. Penkert graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law with an LL.M. in Taxation.
Mr. Penkert practices in the areas of employee benefits law, ERISA, and taxation. Mr. Penkert’s practice includes representation in the areas of qualified plans, fringe benefits, and compliance with other federal laws relating to employee benefits matters. Mr. Penkert assists clients in designing and drafting plans, advises clients regarding the legal requirements for operating and administering plans and prepares and submits filings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Education and Honors
LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2011
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2010
B.S., University of Florida, 2007
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
In The News
- November 21, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "New Final Treasury Regulations Clarify Rules For Mid-Year Amendments To Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans"
- July 29, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "DOL Provides Fee Disclosure Relief"
- July 26, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "Important New Fee Disclosure Guidance"
- January 31, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "EBSA Updates Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program"
- September 15, 2011 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "It’s Electric – DOL Issues Guidance on Electronic Disclosure Under Participant Fee Disclosure Regulations"