Flyn L. Flesher
As Knowledge Management Counsel, Flyn L. Flesher is responsible for capturing and organizing the collective knowledge of the firm’s attorneys, allowing them to work more effectively and efficiently for their clients. For example, Mr. Flesher contributes to the firm’s knowledge management efforts by creating or curating collections of model documents and templates; helping client teams and practice areas collaborate and manage their content; providing updates on legal developments; and fostering knowledge-sharing among attorneys.
Before joining the firm’s Knowledge Management Department, Mr. Flesher’s practice focused on the representation of management in employment-related litigation before state and federal courts, including class and collective actions. He has represented clients in numerous wage-and-hour cases and cases alleging discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, and military membership. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Flesher counseled employers on a broad range of labor and employment matters, particularly with respect to wage and hour issues.
Mr. Flesher received his J.D. from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary in 2007. While attending William and Mary, Mr. Flesher served as editor-in-chief of the William and Mary Journal of Women and the Law and competed on both the moot court and mock trial teams.
- Obtained dismissal of uniformed service member discrimination and hostile work environment claims against major air carrier
- Obtained dismissal of ERISA fiduciary duty claims against major air carrier
- Assisted in representing a large computer company in two nationwide FLSA collective actions
- Carder v. Continental Airlines, Inc., No. 4:09-cv-3173, 2009 WL 4342477 (S.D. Tex. Nov. 30, 2009)
- Bowcock v. Continental Airlines, Inc., No. 4:10-cv-2372, 2010 WL 4812969 (S.D.Tex. Nov. 19, 2010)
- Collins-Pearcy v. Mediterranean Shipping Co. (USA) Inc., 698 F.Supp.2d 730 (S.D. Tex. 2010)
- Holden v. Illinois Tool Works, Inc., 2009 WL 3190468 (S.D. Tex. Sept. 28, 2009)
Education and Honors
J.D., College of William and Mary, 2007
B.A., Rice University, 2004
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Ogletree Deakins Breakfast Briefing - "Right-Sizing” Your Workplace – Furloughs, Managing Vacations and Other Alternatives to a Reduction in Force" - Houston - November 11, 2009
In The News
- August 12, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "Cracking the Door? The Eleventh Circuit Again Considers When Out-of-Court FLSA Settlements Are Enforceable"
- June 16, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "New Texas Law Limits Negligent Hiring, Supervision Claims Against Employers"
- January 15, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "Eighth Circuit Permits Individual Arbitration of FLSA Claims"
- November 16, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "Knowledge Management—More Than Technology"
- July 31, 2012 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "“Hybrid” Wage and Hour Class Actions Approved by Third Circuit"