Mark has a diverse litigation and counseling practice representing both private and public sector employers. For more than 20 years he has been defending employers in discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, breach of contract, wage and hour, and other employment-related cases before state and federal courts, administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals. Mark also provides counseling and compliance advice to employers with respect to the full spectrum of employment laws (including the ADA, Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, FCRA, WARN, NJLAD, CEPA and many other state and federal employment laws), drafts and reviews employment agreements and policies, and assists employers in connection with hiring, discipline, and termination decisions.
Mark served as a law clerk to the Honorable William M. D’Annunzio, New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, from 1988-1989. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Second, and Third Circuits.
Mark represents clients in many different industries, including insurance and financial services, health care, pharmaceutical, retail, warehousing, transportation and manufacturing. He has represented employers in novel cases involving the scope of New Jersey’s discrimination and retaliation laws, mandatory arbitration agreements, and pension benefit summary plan descriptions.
Education and Honors
J.D., cum laude, Suffolk Law School, 1988
B.S., University of Delaware, 1985
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section, former member - Executive Board of the Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Model Civil Jury Charges (former member, 1998-2006)
In The News
- July 22, 2014 - - "Attys Get Cover To Collaborate Under NJ Privilege Ruling"
- March 2011 - - "NJ Proposes to Expand Layoff Warnings to Multi-Unit Operators"
- January 18, 2008 - - "Religious Accommodations Broaden In N.J. Law"
- February 27, 2015 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey “Ban the Box” Regulations Are on the Way"
- February 12, 2015 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Supreme Court Reshapes Sexual Harassment Claims"
- December 29, 2014 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Ban the Box Reminder"
- December 12, 2014 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "FAQs About the New Jersey Opportunity to Compete Act (aka New Jersey’s “Ban the Box” Law)"
- November 19, 2014 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "New Jersey Workplace Poster Requirements Continue to Grow"
- August 12, 2014 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Governor Christie Signs Ban the Box Law"
- December 12, 2013 - SHRM.org - "N.J.: Gender Equity Notice Now Available - Employer Obligations Start Jan. 6, 2014"
- December 10, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Gender Equity Notice Now Available—Employer Obligations Start January 6, 2014"
- September 18, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Expands Pay Equity Protections"
- September 18, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey Assembly Introduces Bill to Invalidate Restrictive Covenants and Non-Disclosure Agreements for Employees Eligible for Unemployment"
- July 19, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Blog Post - "New Jersey Governor Signs Domestic Violence Victim Leave Law"
- July 19, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Domestic Violence Victim Leave Law Enacted in New Jersey"
- April 5, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "Broad Social Media Privacy Bill Reaches New Jersey Governor’s Desk"
- April 5, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey DOL Proposes Rule to Require Unemployment Applicants to Register for Work and Engage in Other Work Search Related Activities"
- April 5, 2013 - Ogletree Deakins Publication - "New Jersey DOL Clarifies Overtime Exemption for Employees of Common Carriers of Passengers by Motor Bus"