Patricia A. Luna
* Currently licensed in Illinois only.
Patricia focuses her practice on all areas of business immigration providing immigration counsel to numerous corporate clients regarding nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions as well as corporate compliance. She is also a speaker on business immigration issues including PERM labor certification and H-1B site investigations. She earned her undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Criminal Justice from Indiana University at Bloomington and her J.D. from DePaul University College of Law. Prior to joining Ogletree, Patricia specialized in business immigration at a Chicago law firm.
Patricia conceptualized, created, and implemented a Surprise Government Inspection - Action Plan for a US based manufacturing company. She has also been involved in several I-9 Audits including an I-9 self audit of subcontractors on behalf of a large retail company and an ICE initiated I-9 Audit that resulted in a Warning to the employer.
Education and Honors
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2001
B.A., Political Science & Criminal Justice, Indiana University, 1994
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association - "Introduction to PERM Labor Certification" - Chicago - April 7, 2011
- AILA Annual Midwest Conference - "Audits, I-9 and E-Verify" - Chicago - March 29, 2011
- Chicago AILA Chapter - "Corporate Immigration Compliance Program/Policies" - Chicago - August 16, 2010
- Chicago Bar Association - "Government Audits: What Every Employer Should Know" - Chicago - May 27, 2010
- Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association - "Workplace Enforcement and Immigration" - Chicago - November 9, 2009
- Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association - "Workplace Enforcement and Immigration" - Chicago - November 17, 2008
- Chicago Chapter of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) - "Alphabet Soup: Introduction to the Most Common Employment Based Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visa Categories" - Chicago - October 21, 2008
- Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association - "Workplace Enforcement and Immigration" - Chicago - November 14, 2007
In The News
- March 2012 - The Federal Lawyer Magazine - "What To Do When ICE Arrives At Your Client's Doorstep"
- 2008/2009 - ILW.com, The PERM Book (Co-Author) - "How Do Layoffs Affect PERM?"