Stephen A. Riga
Mr. Riga concentrates his practice in the area of employee benefits, including work with funds and employers to design, maintain, merge and terminate qualified and health and welfare plans. Mr. Riga prepares determination letter and voluntary compliance program submissions and assisted employers and funds on COBRA, Medicare Part D, and HIPAA compliance. Mr. Riga evaluates contribution and withdrawal liability obligations, and identifies retirement and health and welfare plan compliance issues during due diligence, estimating potential associated costs.
Mr. Riga received his J.D. from the Indiana University School of Law—Indianapolis in 2006. Originally from Los Angeles, California, Mr. Riga earned an undergraduate degree in English and History from Ball State University.
Education and Honors
J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University School of Law—Indianapolis, 2006
B.A., summa cum laude, Ball State University, 1994
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Taxation and Business Law Sections)
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Indiana Benefits Conference (Director)
- Chamber of Commerce Benefit Seminar - "Preparing for Health & Welfare Plan Audits" - Indianapolis - September 13, 2012