Todd S. Timmons
Todd Timmons joined the firm’s Columbia, South Carolina, office in 2011. Todd represents clients with respect to a wide array of employment and labor matters, including NLRB representation elections, unfair labor practice proceedings, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful discharge, and workplace torts. Todd has appeared in federal and state court, as well as before administrative agencies such as the EEOC, NLRB, SCHAC, and SCDEW.
Todd has also spoken at multiple human resources and legal seminars regarding the role of social media in the workplace and how to prepare effective, lawful social media policies.
Todd received his J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. While in law school, he served on the editorial board of the South Carolina Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Wig and Robe. Prior to law school, he graduated from Wake Forest University.
- Represented multiple employers in the medical manufacturing, food distribution, and electrical services industries in union organizing campaigns and unfair labor practice proceedings
- Assisted multiple employers with a review of employee policies and handbooks
- Providing advice on compliance with South Carolina employment laws as well as federal statutes, such as the FMLA, ADA, FLSA, NLRA, and ADEA.
- Drafted employment agreements, separation agreements, and other employment-related contracts for multiple employers ranging from banks to non-profit organizations
- Represented an employer in the successful resolution of unemployment appeal before the SCDEW
- Taught Positive Employee Relations Training courses to supervisors in manufacturing environments
Education and Honors
J.D., cum laude, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2011
B.A., cum laude, Wake Forest University, 2007
- Editorial Board Member, South Carolina Law Review
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Award, Legal Writing, 2008
- Member, Order of the Wig and Robe
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar - Young Lawyers Division
- University of South Carolina School of Law - "Guest Speaker" - Columbia - October 2013
- Carolinas HR Conference - "Avoiding Derailment of Strategic Initiatives" - Myrtle Beach - May 2013
- SC Bar Employment & Labor Law Section - "Drafting Social Media Policies and Criminal Background Check Policies in Light of NLRB and EEOC Enforcement Guidance" - Columbia - May 2013
- Certificate in Employee Relations Law Series - "Labor Laws" - Columbia - March 2013
- Employment Law Beyond the Basics - "The NLRB's Expanding Agenda" - Columbia - October 2012
In The News
- February 2013 - ABA Committee on the Development of the Law Under the NLRA - "Will the Board Overrule the Register Guard Discrimination Standard in Roundy's? Should it?"
- November/December 2012 - South Carolina Business - "Protecting Our Business-Friendly Environment"
- July/August 2012 - South Carolina Business - "EEOC Issues Background Check Guidelines"
- November/December 2011 - South Carolina Business - "The NLRB's Impact on Business in the Coming Decade"