The Greenville Administrative office has an opening for a Records Specialist position. The position is responsible for providing assistance with the management of active, inactive, and vital records. Position assists with the monitoring and administration of the Firm’s records retention policies and procedures. Position is also responsible for assisting with quality assurance and compliance issues related to the management of Firm records.
These are the essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions.
- Manages records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Works directly with Legal Secretaries, Office Administrators, Records personnel, and other Firm employees to provide Records Management services.
- Assists with end-user training for the Records Management System and communicates necessary Records Management initiatives.
- Identifies and resolves potential issues and/or recommends program/process changes to improve results and meet client needs.
- Accesses, edits, and maintains the Records Management System.
- Researches records-related inquiries upon request of internal clients.
- Assists with the administration of the retention process, including authorization of records disposition and the proper transfer/disposition of eligible records.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends, developments, and new technologies impacting the Records Management and legal profession.
- Applies current technologies to further department initiatives, provide client service, and meet Firm needs.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality regarding Firm records and information.
- Completes other related tasks and duties as assigned by Department management.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required; some college preferred
- One or more years of experience in Records & Information Management, preferably in the legal sector
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Can effectively communicate with Firm personnel at all levels with a high degree of professionalism and provide excellent customer service.
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, and work under pressure.
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and “can do” attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a change agent
- Time management skills and ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong technology aptitude
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents, and legal processes preferred
- Knowledge and experience with electronic records and imaging technology
- Good keyboarding skills
- Regular predictable attendance
Computer Skills / Office Equipment:
- Prior experience utilizing a legal-specific Records Management System preferred (e.g., Elite, LegalKEY, Autonomy/FileSurf)
- Strong proficiency in WorkSite or other Document Management System as well as all Microsoft applications, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a telephone, computer keyboard, and mouse; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit, as well as lift and carry objects such as files or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds. Prolonged sitting, standing, walking, and bending may be required to manage files. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel, and may occasionally be required to climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position please send resumes to email@example.com.