Ogletree Deakins has an opening for a Copy Clerk in our Philadelphia office. The Copy Clerk performs a variety of copying and filing duties to ensure accurate and accessible documents to legal and non-legal staff members.
These are the essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
- Copy documents left in copy bin by staff/attorneys
- Fill copiers paper/toner as needed
- Copy client letterheads as needed maintaining adequate stock at all times
- Copy annual reports and blanket approvals as needed maintaining adequate supply at all times
- Assist with copier malfunctions and place service calls to copier vendor as needed
- Log packages and FedEx/UPS deliveries; distribute to recipients (Regular afternoon duty and back-up for Office Assistant in a.m.)
- Sort and deliver afternoon (building) mail
- File (add detail of “file duties” that can be handled when copy duties are caught-up)
- File redwells that are placed in HD “to be filed” area by staff/attorneys (MAKE SURE TO SCAN)
- Tidy café area at 2:00 p.m. each day; remove trash as needed to freight elevator, restock paper towels, wipe countertops
- Restock drinks in main kitchen and client kitchen (5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. after Fed Ex and mail pick-ups) (Back-up – Office Assistant)
- Load dishwasher in main kitchen and client kitchen (5:30 – 6:00 p.m. after Fed Ex and mail pick-ups) (Back-up – Office Assistant)
- Clear refrigerators in main café of unmarked items at 2:00 p.m. each Friday; send reminder in a.m. each Friday
- Work with Office Assistant to maintain adequate supply inventories of general office supplies in copy room
- High school diploma required, some college preferred
- Excellent records/filing skills
- Good keyboarding skills; ability to type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents and legal processes.
- Basic personal computer skills and ability to understand and use firm software including email, Microsoft Word applications, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and records management and time and attendance software programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Superior understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Time management skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Ability to work well under pressure, a professional demeanor, excellent judgment, superior communication skills, written and verbal communication, and strong client service skills are crucial in this team oriented environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a telephone, computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. The employee frequently required to walk and sit, as well as to lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 30 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position please send resumes to Nancy.Egan@ogletreedeakins.com.