Mr. Humber has extensive experience representing employers in the retail, defense contracting, security, package handling, transportation, and telecommunications industries.
The following are recent cases in which Mr. Humber has earned successful results for employers:
- Won summary judgment for international security firm in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, where plaintiff alleged that he was subjected to gender discrimination and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment against named plaintiffs in wrongful discharge suit brought against international retailer in the U.S. District Court for the Virgin Islands.
- Achieved summary judgment for defense contractor in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, where plaintiff asserted personal injury claims arising from workplace assault that occurred on foreign soil.
- Secured plaintiff’s voluntary dismissal of lawsuit brought against telecommunications company in the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, where plaintiff asserted claims for sexual assault, defamation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Won dismissal of lawsuit brought against national retailer in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia, where plaintiff asserted claims for false arrest and defamation.
- Obtained arbitration award affirming the termination of an armed security guard who abandoned his post at a federal courthouse and falsified his time records.
Mr. Humber is a member of the firm’s retail and litigation practice groups.