Practice and Industry Groups
Richard R. Parker
Mr. Parker has over thirty-five years of experience in the practice of labor and employment law. He began his career as in-house labor counsel for a large tire manufacturer in Akron, Ohio. Mr. Parker has been in private practice since 1976, representing private employers in a broad spectrum of industries, including automotive, steel, chemical, transportation and pharmaceuticals. In his years of private practice, Mr. Parker has advised employers in successfully resisting unions in over 150 union organizing and decertification efforts, has handled scores of unfair labor practice charges, labor arbitrations and discrimination cases and has bargained dozens of collective bargaining agreements in numerous industry settings. In addition to providing full service labor representation to his many clients, Mr. Parker speaks on labor and employment law issues to industry groups.
Mr. Parker's broad range of labor and employment experience includes:
- Lead counsel in countless NLRB investigations, defense of unfair labor practice charges, administrative law judge hearings and exceptions to the NLRB
- Chief spokesman in numerous collective bargaining negotiations, including bargaining involving significant wage and benefit concessions
- Advisor to companies regarding strikes and lockouts during the collective bargaining process
- Counsel to employers with union contracts concerning downsizing workforce, outsourcing and plant closure and relocation issues
- Lead counsel in numerous labor arbitrations including discipline, discharge and contract interpretation
- Advisor to companies in maintaining a union-free workplace, including union organizing, decertification and related NLRB matters
Professional Activities and Speeches
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce
- Nashville Bar Association
Welcome to the new
We’ve redesigned our website to better serve our client's needs. Please take a moment to browse our new site.
Thank you for visiting.